Monday, April 23, 2012

Sheet Music Binder

So my daughter auditioned for the Rubicon Summer Children's Theatre program and they were really impressed with her binder. What binder is this? It's the one that I put together that has her sheet music and her headshot/resume. I used a regular 3 ring binder (one where you can put something in the front and back of the binder). I put a copy of her headshot in the front view of the binder and a copy of her resume in the back view of the binder. I put her name in the spine. I did this for a couple of reasons. One, in case we lose or forget the binder, we'll have a better chance in getting it back. Two, she stands out. They absolutely *loved* the binder. Inside the binder, I had the sheet music organized by tabs. Since I wasn't sure if they wanted only a minute of the song, or the complete song, I put both copies in there with a tab separating the two pieces of music. I also included sheet music for another song in case they wanted her to sing something else. When you put in your sheet music, I recommend duplexing the sheet music to make it easier for the pianist. Start with page one of the music on its own page and duplex (copy on both sides) the remainder of the music. If you can't duplex, you can also use sheet protectors which might be better for your sheet music, so the sheet music will last longer. I have read advice saying that she highlight the tempo and any key music marks that the pianist may need. This of course, is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment